MUNCH CUPBOARD - #TheGoodFacemask
Wearing a face mask certainly does not guarantee that you won’t get sick – but it can give you an extra barrier to protect you from air borne particles. Basic hygiene measures are the most important way to stop the spread of infections, including the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Basic hygiene measures include:
- hand hygiene – that is, washing hands regularly with soap and water, or cleansing with hand sanitiser
- staying at home if you are sick
- coughing or sneezing into a tissue or your elbow and then performing hand hygiene
- cleaning surfaces regularly
However the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), such as face masks can contribute to the reduction of the spread of infection when used correctly and in the appropriate context. (Ministry of Health)
How it helps The reusable face masks help to:
- Reduce anxiety levels when visiting essential services or outdoors
- Minimises face touching
- If you are unwell or you do not know you are unwell, it will capture droplets and therefore protect others
- Protects our environment as The Good Facemask is reusable and washable rather than destined for landfill after one use
It is very important to note that this type of mask does not protect the wearer from Covid 19 particles from entering the nose, mouth or eyes. The primary purpose is minimise face touching. If we can minimise the transfer of particles from our hands to our face we may help to lower the risk of acquiring the virus.
Filter system Each mask comes with a filter to be used once. Filters can be purchased seperate. However the mask can be used without a filter or simply with a filter from the average kitchen paper towel. An average kitchen paper towel has a filter system of approximately N70. Note that there are two small holes at the bottom of the mask so you can fit any type of filter.
Special design The masks have surgical ties that help hold the mask nice and tight to your face, a wire nose piece so it fits tightly to your nose and the 3 layer filter system.
Ethically made in NZ The #GoodFacemasks are made through Munch's unique homework force that enables the vulnerable to work.
- Please ensure you wash the mask before use
- Before using it make sure you have washed your hands
- Please ensure you follow the instruction card carefully
- If instructions are not followed carefully the mask can do more damage than good
- Once mask is on your face, do not touch it again
- When you take off the mask, clean immediately and wash your hands
- 100% reusable and washable
- 100% made in NZ (excluding the filter)
- Fun unique organic patterns
- 3 layer filter system
- Surgical ties to fit the face well and molding around the nose. You can remove these ties if you do not wish to use them.
- The masks are not medical grade and wearing this alone will not protect the wearer from Covid 19
The mask is not intended to replace surgical face masks and it is not PPE certified. The filters are tested by Munch in house but as a whole it has not been tested.
Care instructions Please hand wash your mask. If you are going to machine wash your mask make sure you put it in a laundry bag to protect the surgical ties.
Adult large (normal to large face) Mask =19cm x 15cm, Ear to Ear = 33cm
Adult medium (small face) Mask = 17cm x 12cm. Ear to Ear = 28cm
Child one size Mask = 16cm x 12cm Ear to Ear = 28cm
Please also note that the adult medium is very similar size to a child size. But due to the surgical ties the child masks can be made smaller/tighter for a child face, making the #GoodFacemask the most versatile design on the market.
It is also recommended that a mask is only worn by children 2 and above.
(Ear to ear measurement includes the elastic measure). The masks are all handmade so sizes may vary slightly. Please choose carefully as there are no refunds for the facemask for health reasons.